Before implementation of the project gets under way, a Plan of Action (PoA) or Project Plan must be drawn up.
The Project Plan describes, for example, the strategy for acquiring the right location, selecting the right architect/designer, supervising the associated design activities and implementation.
The Project Plan will include the following:
- Definition of the project result and any relationship with other projects.
- The structure of the project organisation, which describes the tasks and authorities for each subproject.
- An overall communications plan (internal and external), including a description of the project environment, objectives, strategy, resources and communication milestones.
- A plan detailing the various phases, decision milestones and implementation.
- A budget and cost management plan.
- A quality assurance plan and an analysis of pitfalls and risks.